Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Coconut Oil Chocolate bar with Almonds

Coconut oil is very healthy for you. I found a way to make this wonderful oil into a candy bar and it is so good!

1/3 cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Cocoa powder
1/3 cup powdered Xylitol
2 Tbls peanut butter (the real kind like Adams)
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup rolled oats
toasted almonds

Melt coconut oil in a small pot. Add cocoa powder and whisk together. Blend the rest of the ingredients. I blend the Xylitol in a coffee grinder to make it a powder. It melts much better and tastes much better than Splenda. It does not take much heat for the coconut oil to melt. I turn the burner off as soon as it does. Do not boil. Then pour into candy molds and freeze. I store mine in the refrigerator in a ziplock. I also add toasted almonds in the bottom of the molds before I add chocolate. Sometimes I sprinkle the top with a tiny bit of sea salt to bring out the chocolate flavor.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMM..those look delicious! Stopping by to follow your blog from BlogFrog :-) Look forward to connecting with you!

Carrie A Groff
http://livingahealthybeachlife.blogspot.com

Post a Comment