Monday, September 20, 2010

Shrimp Egg Foo Young with Cabbage

This dish is low carb. I was trying to be creative and it worked. Once again I came up with this recipe in my head so not exact. I started out making what I call Shrimp Puppies (like hush puppies).

1/2lb raw shrimp
1 1/2c grated cheese (I used jack and cheddar)
1 large egg
2T Carbquik (like bisquick for those watching their carbs) you can purchase this at Netrition link at top right home page.
1/4 tsp each garlic and onion powder
2 chopped green onions
1/2 cup mushrooms
dash of sea salt and pepper

Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender just until fully combined. Mixture will be thick. I used a deep fryer and dropped by tablespoon full in to hot oil. Cook until golden brown. I tested the first one to make sure it was done to my liking. You can also fry these in a pan like little pancakes. I served them over sauteed cabbage and onions then added some pork gravy over the top. My husband loved this dish. This dish could have easily came from a Chinese Restaurant. I also added some Zucchini slices.



0 comments:

Post a Comment